View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Officially if you want to wear shoes like that you need to be selling flying carpets or kebabs so I don't think you need to worry about them.

I've always wondered how Mercedes sorted out the higher ride height on the vehicles fitted with the higher suspension for countries with poor road surfaces (what ever the term was they used in the FSM). The front (like you suggest) can be adjusted quite a bit but the back is limited by the arc of travel of the trailing arms...

...may be they shimmed the height of the subframe? But they can't drop the height of the differential too far down from the horizontal because you then end up with vibration trouble from the single UJ propshaft set up - but saying that I've seen propshaft set ups with two UJs for the W123 pictured in EPC...
I think all they did was add longer springs personally, the rear tires are still pretty straight

I seem to have gained a huge amount of clearance, certainly seems as high as many of the rough road suspension 123s now.
Below is the famous Jurgen 123 wagon with what he described as the rough service springs on it. Im wondering if rough service springs for a 240 are really just a set of 300D springs.