View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrianfoto View Post
Hey there Sir -

Here is what I have and the approximate speeds at which it does shift (I just took it for another run to better map out things)

Reverse - long pause after shifting - chunk, then reverse engages
From a stop -
First shift a little before 9 MPH
Second shift a little before 18 MPH
Third shift flares
Then no more shifting - I can get up to about 50-55 before I feel that the revving is too much.
Good to see you got your other project running!

At this point it could be anything really, partially failed/failing B2, pump failure, valve body issue, modulator(maybe sound a bit too drastic for that but you never know)

First thing to check is the Bowden, that it's intact and functional, then vacuum connectins, then fluid pressure. The pressure is checked with a guage that can measure the 60 PSI operating pressure. The guage is connected right near the modulator there is a bolt I'm pretty sure it's 12 mm. Get to a boneyard and grab an ALDA line on any turbo 617 car, you can use the banjo bolt and one of the line fittings to make up a test rig witha 100psi guage. The short bolt at the ALDA is best but the one at the rear of the engine on the manifold will work you'd just need to shorten it. Grab the copper or aluminum seal rings that are on the banjo bolt/fittings to reuse when you attach your test rig to the tranny.