View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Posting since Jan 2000

I know San Saba very well. My grandmother owned a small, ornate Victorian house there until I was about 13 years old. The story of her existence there could fill a novel.

San Saba is a beautiful little town that is totally out of the way, quiet and peaceful. My wife and I go there every fall and spend a few days just enjoying the town and the area, and bring back fresh pecans from one of the many orchards there.

The last couple of years we have enjoyed visiting with the current owner of my Grandma's house who is in the midst of a long, loving restoration of the place.

We have driven by Tommy Lee's place where he has his polo field. If you do not know what to look for, you won't find it. He owns several million dollars worth of ranching and hunting property in the area. Not all of it contiguous.

I always wondered how someone from San Saba High School made it to Harvard. We googled and found a high school picture from San Saba. I have heard and read various different stories about his ties to San Saba, so I don't know which one to believe.

Anyway, I expect that if you bumped into him on the streets of San Saba, he would treat you like anyone else.