View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnflight1 View Post
the small line comes from the fuel accumulator if the diaphragm were to break the fuel would go thru this line to be recovered into the air inlet system.any fuel smell in this line would indicate a bad fuel accumulator.

That would be fuel regulator not accumulator. The accumulator is back near the fuel pumps.

The only function that hose performs is that if the fuel regulator diaphragm breaks fuel will leak through the tube back into the air-box and not onto hot parts of the engine and potentially the fuel catching fire.
I have previously just used a piece of small diameter fuel hose to extend the vacuum tube back into the larger hose between the valve cover and air-box. This tube has no effect on the running of the engine whatsoever.
You can see in this image the extensions I put on a regulator tube on another car.

Misfires - as LorainFurniture has pointed out are 85% due to electrical. Plugs, dissy cap, rotor and leads. Buy good quality parts - OEM Bosch or Beru and these will last a long, long time. Be careful of Chinese made Bosch substitutes. These parts are expensive but worth it.

The issue with your transmission maybe the regulator located on the side of the tranny. I say maybe hopefully and not an internal tranny problem - otherwise a rebuild is in your life.