View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by link View Post
I’m passed at my current auto insurance provider and am looking to replace them. Unfortunately they appear to be the lowest cost provider.

I've never filed a claim with any car insurance company.

I got 3 quotes today (AAA, AARP and Geico) Geico is more than the current provider but are the next lowest cost of those I made an inquiry.

The current insurer costs $545 per year for full coverage on 2 MB vehicles with a kilobuck deductable.

geico asked about $630 for ~ the same coverage.

Any comments or recommendations?

TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
Check with an independent insurance agent...don't fall for the advertised hype. An indie will find you the cheapest possible rate within your needs.
I heard Warren Buffett say recently that Geico is the 2nd largest auto insurer in the Country. So, yes, many ppl use them. Whether their higher price is worth knowing that they're able to pay-off if necessary is comforting. But at what price? Only you can decide.

I do not do business with Geico, because they were significantly higher in their quotes for my insured vehicles, about 6-years ago. I switched to Nationwide and Amica.

Unless an indy insurance agent's quotes are compared to the big insurers that he doesn't represent, you'll not know whether his rates are better.