View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvairguy View Post
I am so frustrated with the shut off on mine the last couple days i'm thinking about adding a switch to an electric controlled vacuum switch right off the vacuum pump.
A shop replaced the vac pump on a friends 240D to solve a "no-shut-off" problem. The problem turned out to be a leak in the climate pods.

1st measure vacuum on one of the branches coming off the main vac line. These systems mimic what a gas vehicle puts out so look for 15-18 inches of vacuum. Anything less plug the ports going yo the climate & door locks. Disconnect & plug the end going to the brake booster. Vac means the pump is good. No vac means check your work, make sure all leaks are plugged. If so, bad vac pump.

Put a hand held vac pump on the line from the shut off valve. If the car stops your shut off is working.

You can pull a vacuum on every line coming off the main line. All should hold vacuum. If not, just hunt the leak down. There are vacuum diagrams around that make the tracing easy. All of these cars have similar systems.

Almost all of the vacuum pods can be accessed with the dash installed.
85SD 240K & stopped counting painted, putting bac together. 84SD 180,000. sold to a neighbor and member here but I forget his handle. The 84 is much improved from when I had it. 85TD beginning to repair to DD status. Lots of stuff to do.