View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Banned

Yeah I'm just not feeling the Tenn. device I guess! If you look at the pictures of it in use where he's lifting a pickup onto its side you can see the lifting tower sort of bent over in the direction of the truck as its lifting that one side. I guess that design needs the whole device with the vehicle mounted onto it to sort of scoot over towards the lifting mechanism when it's doing the lift. I'd be a lot more comfortable using a big old tree and a come-a-long or a chain hoist as the lift.

The Harbor Freight Orange paint scheme doesn't help inspire confidence either!

The problem renting something out is if it can't be picked up locally the shipping will be a killer. The Liqui says it's tool is 62 kgs total weight but it also has its lift screw mechanism that is 6 1/2 feet long as well. So realistically even Greyhound shipping will be easily over a hundred I'm guessing.

I would probably be almost cost effective for someone to build one themselves if they could. Aside from the welding the only real difficult part would be bending of fabricating the correct arc of the main parts. If a steel fabricator could bend it that would be great but I'll bet slicing, bending and then welding an arc could be accomplished as well.