View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 10:23 AM
scott 98

Eric,

My car used to not start when it dropped down into the teens unless it had been plugged in. I started it up the other night here in Richmond when it was 11 degrees and it cranked right over without being plugged in. The only thing differrent with my car between the previous non-starts and now is that I adjusted the valves and started using Stanadyne fuel additive. Don't know which one of those did the trick or if it was both but now I never have to plug in 'ol blue. Oh yeah, be careful about running your ignition switch through several cycles before starting as you will be more prone to blowing a fuse. I've seen it happen twice.

Previously I had used that PowerService crap from WalMart. That stuff was the biggest waste of money (this is just my personnal opinion) in that my injectors would still get dirty even though I used it with every fill up. I immediately noticed a difference when I switched to the Stanadyne fuel additive. You can get a case of it at Superior Diesel Service on Main St. for about $55. I still use Diesel Purge once a year though to make sure I get 'em real clean.

Scott