View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 02:42 AM

Clear Lines

The Clear Lines are actually good. The fittings on 98 and 99 are a weak point even on diesel fuel. They contain O rings in them that seal plastic tips to the pumps and filter. This is a weak point but I do not have a size for those to replace with. I could measure the left over one I have in my tool box but there are multiple sizes just like on an older Mercedes so that they can only go in one place. I considered cleaning them real well and JB welding them in place but that is a really bad idea after thinking about it.

You should see how much better the design on my 05 CDI is with the common rail, it is sharp. Except that the rubber hose to the fuel filter has to be removed to change the fuel filter. After the first filter I just change the rubber hose every time I remove it. Or at least that one time, needs it again this summer. That is every two or three years. I could buy a better version but I do not think it would hose clamp on as good. It is just one of those compromises we all have to do.