View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 09:53 PM

Well today was a productive day!

Yesterday I had to run out of town for an appointment, I really wanted to go to the junk yard sooo bad but I had no monies so had to stay away. We were just getting ready to head out of town, when I checked my phone...I got a 50$ payment for an item I sold...WHOOOPIEEE...so we ran to the junkyard at 5:30pm...the site said they were open to dusk....got out....ran in and my windshield was still there! Plus the butt pad for the front seat I left was still sitting next to the car!

We drove 200+ miles back home, and I was on egg shells hoping the glass wouldn't crack. We made it home and it was in one piece!

I installed it today, and boy what a pita the front windshield is to install. I couldn't get the chrome to hold in the gasket, I then said heck with it and got ready to rope it in to the opening. to my surprise the windshield plus gasket wouldn't fit into the opening because of the gutters...so had to tap them out of the way, got it in the opening....attempted to fiddle with the chrome....still no go....so just roped it in, then I had to figure out how to get the chrome pushed down in the corners...thinking thinking and thinking....I finally just got a small scrap of wood and the hammer...tapping and spraying with suds...I got it in...totally shocked! It looks perfect! I am totally amazed.

The windshield is aftermarket but it is super thick, I am really shocked on how thick it is for a aftermarket!

I also installed the missing door trip and light bulbs in the tail lights...those were also stolen..

So now I have all the glass for the car! Just need a gasket for the rear windshield and they will all be installed!!!