View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 04:40 PM

Pre-game stress.....

So, This last weekend I tried to finish up all the things that would prevent me from taking my moms car to the meet. I got new brakes and axles changed on Saturday. Sunday I got a lot of small things done, numerous trips around the block making sure everything was good to go. Ate Easter dinner then had my sister come over and inspect the car with me, we got the headlights adjusted and a bunch of small stuff you don't event think about. Yesterday, Monday, I had new tires installed, washed the car and cleaned up the interior.
Today I took it to the alignment shop. It pulls slightly to the right and the steering wheel is pointed slightly to the left. I inspected the front end and all the ball joints and tie rods were in great shape, so I sent it off the the shop to get aligned. I got a call back that the bushings on the upper control arms are shot I over looked this. BOOO.
So I got the parts on order from the Pelican. They will be delivered to me on Thursday. That means I have Thursday night to get them installed and Friday morning to get the car aligned. I'll have to take Friday off work, but if all goes well I will be on the road to my friends house in LA on Friday night, and be at the meet Saturday morning.

I'm getting a little worried that I may not make it. If the UPS guy is late, or if the alignment shop gets booked up on Friday, I could be SOL

I need to fix an exhaust leak on my car, other then that I can bring it. I've been so focused on Moms car I've neglected my own. I suppose if something goes wrong with getting my moms car done by Friday, I could fix my car Friday morning and take it down. Ether way its going to be a close call!

Wish me luck. I hope to see you all Saturday. I will keep you posted!

Last edited by SirNik84; 04-22-2014 at 04:53 PM.