View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 05:19 PM

85 300D Banjo Bolt Crushed, anyone seen this?

Following the advice of the forum, I'm slowing working on cleaning, repairing and tuning the fuel system on my 85 300D. I've had her for only a few months, but we're getting to know each other pretty well. Just swapped the oil cooler lines among a bunch of other little things. First of all, thanks to you all for your knowledge!

So I pulled out the banjo bolt off the intake to see if it needed cleaning, and it looks like someone has crushed the end of it, effectively rendering it a plug. Any reason why anyone would do this? Also it looks like the air line coming from the banjo bolt is bypassing the switch and is hooked up directly to the ALDA. I can't even find the switch that's supposed to be mounted on the firewall...

My first instinct is to replace this right away! =) I assume this could easily be affecting power, which seems low on the car right now.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. I couldn't find anything like this when searching the forums. Is there a part number for the banjo bolt to order at the dealer?

Cheers,
Sean
85 300D, slowing getting back to stock...