View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 12:48 PM
merc with a..Benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpetryk View Post
Here is the adjustment. - You move it inward to increase the idle speed and pull it out to reduce the idle speed. When moving it make small movements. I use a flat tip screwdriver to pry between the nut and the housing to pull it out. I use a vise to push it in. The screw is a 10-32. It is not the right thread but it will hold. I do not screw it too tight for fear of trashing the threads inside the brass thing in the valve. I just make it hand tight but be sure it is seated. I could not find the proper screw to fit it. The 10-32 works great for me. Remember just small adjustments.

MY GOD, MAN!!! Where have you been all my life?!?!? I have been searching for an answer to my "high Idle" problem and have found scattered advice (some good, some not), incomplete checklists, angry MB owners and copious amounts of frustration...until now. A trip to the hardware store for a "dpetryk air idle adjustment tool" and viola!! now she purrs like a kitten, in the factory idle range. Could not be happier without a plate of chimichangas as I am right now.

Thanks.

Thank you!

A million thanks!

May the ever lovin' light shine on you so bright you need welding glasses to get through your day!!!