View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwogaman View Post
There may be a difference in the relays as far as input on engine temperature. I know there is that difference between my 85' 617 and the 90 & 92 602s. Such a difference may exist between an 87 and 91 relay as well. I wish I could recall more for you, but at least you can now consider it FWIW.
The '87 only had one terminal on the temp relay on the head. The '91 uses a relay with two leads. So when I did the engine swap I transferred the relay from the '91 engine to the '87 engine. Both relays are located at the same location on the head. I also used the glow plug wiring harness from the '91 on the '87 engine as it had the two wires for the reply. I'm using the '91 glow plug timer relay.

I've tested the temp relay and it seems to be OK. As far as my knowledge goes, the temp relay controls the after glow (maybe I should be laying back and smoking a cigarette) shut off.

There is nothing from the '87s glow plug system in use now except the glow plugs themselves. I really didn't want to have to track down the differences between the two systems so everything that was on the '91 is now on the '87. I have a brand new glow plug timer relay coming that should be here next Thursday. I'll see what happens then.

Thanks again.