View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 07:09 PM

My car got worse. After standing still for a week it wouldn't start at all. 2 things I did: I had just replaced my fuel pump relay. Turned out it was wrong. I jumped two plugs on the relay and it almost started. Then - I was absolutely sure the distributor cap was fine. It only had some 30000 km. I replaced cap and rotor anyway and since then it has ran perfect. CPS? I gave up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190dee View Post
I have been experience exactly the same problems with my M102 engine.

One symptom that I also noticed is that sometimes when turning off engine but keeping key/ignition on the tachometer makes same jumps all the sudden and the fuel pump starts for a second. This is usually at operating tempature, about 80 degrees celsius

For all I can understand is that something is triggering the fuel pump relay briefly. Could a faulty CPS trigger this? I did measure it with a multimeter but it's within specs. Same goes for the coil.

My car is regularly maintained and plugs, distribution cap and rotor and wires have been changed. Well since I already drove the car my first 100 tkm perhaps it's time to change them again.