View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 11:30 AM
ಠ_ಠ

Complicated Cars Killing Father and Son Ritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatt View Post
I will never understand with all the technology on cars (and wireless TPMS sensors and stuff like that) why we don't have a few simple idiot lights.

They don't even need to be separate lights.. all cars have LCD or other types of screens.

They should be BIG red warnings like the "ABC STOP CAR TOO LOW" warning that flashes up in red on ABC equipped MB's.

The warnings (and their associated causes) should be:

STOP CAR NOW AND TOW

-Very low or no oil pressure - leak in oil pan about to cause engine death

-Sudden drop in coolant pressure (most cars have a sensor, so why can't it watch for drops?) - covers radiator failure, burst hoses, etc.

STOP CAR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

-Alternator stopped charging even though engine is running at least ___ RPM. Alternator has died and you're about to get stranded

-Overheating (red zone on coolant gauge) - about to cook a head gasket

-Transmission fluid really low or no pressure found - must be a leak in transmission or cooler and transmission is about to burn up.

-No power steering pressure - leak about to cause a PS system failure or run the pump dry

My fridge warns me with a beep every 30 seconds if the fridge or freezer door was left open or not completely closed. Cost of implementing this is probably $0.01 per fridge when you spread the cost out over the number of fridges built.

Doesn't anyone want a 'car that saves you $5k by warning you ahead of time'?

Do you want lcds or do you want idiot lights? I'm not sure what to make of this post...most cars display warnings so I have no idea what you are getting at.
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth