View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillE320 View Post
Hello! Brand new here and new owner of an excellent 2001 e320.
I've tried searching and found bits and pieces but nothing really definitive so I thought I'd ask.
Both front fenders need to be replaced due to rust and a body shop told me that the headlight assemblies and front bumper had to be removed in order to do so.
Can anyone tell me if this is accurate info?
Also, I have found bumper removal posts and instructions and it looks pretty simple....
So my question basically is- Has anyone replaced their fenders and have some tips?
Or is it more of a 'dive in and go' kind of job?
I'm also worried about the bottom trim- is that glued on there or what?
Thanks in advance and any help will be much appreciated.
I live perhaps 90 miles from you. If you have not already. Get the car up on a hoist and check for chassis rust. Yours may be fine but if the car is local you have to look. Mercedes driven year round usually do not wear out locally. Instead they rust out.

No pick and pull yards locally that I have been made aware of. You might throw a free add on kijiji asking for some as well.

Local rust free fenders may be scarce. You are pretty close to the auto wreckers that serve the Halifax market so you may have a good chance though.

I have even had used rust free fenders shipped in from the southern states for 123s. There may be cheap aftermarket fenders available for your model but if so usually they are not as good as the originals on the 123s anyways. .