View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 06:16 PM
User title not in use

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 SL320 View Post
Many salvage yards remove / drain fuel tanks so they might be out of car by now.

Fuel pressure is set by the pressure regulator and pumps have a wide range, a 100 PSI pump against a 30 PSI reg will only make 30 PSI. However some pumps have an internal blow off valve / have limited power so a 30 PSI pump won't always work at 100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulfiqar View Post
both the Delco and the denso pumps in the GM and the Toyota can handle more than 50 psi pressure, The pressure is regulated by the fuel pressure regulator, in the corolla engine you dont see it on the engine because the regulator is housed in the fuel pump assembly jug.
Yeah, I get that the pressure regulator determines the pressure, but I didn't know if one pump would generate a significantly higher output than the other and become an issue that way...
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxthe1 View Post
I'd be more concerned about the toyota pump being inadequate in terms of volume. I'd expect that it was spec'ed to supply fuel to an engine about 1/2 the size of the buick
That's a good point, but in this case I'd only be running three injectors at a tie, so that's OK.
"Senior Luna, your sense of humor is still loco... but we love it, anyway." -rickymay ____ "Your sense of humor is still loco... " -MBeige ____ "Señor Luna, your sense of humor is quite järjetön" -Delibes

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues ____ 1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."