View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 10:54 AM

w124 Front driver seat plug conversion 16 pin to 8 pin.....

Has anyone done this? I have an 87 300TD that I want to install some newer e320 seats in. The passenger side hooked right up. But the wiring connections for the driver side are not the same. The car has three plugs, one has 16 pins. The new seat also has three plugs (different shapes) - with the biggest one having only 8 pins.

I looked carefully at the wires, there is nothing really in common between the colors of wires between the two cars (I was hoping there would be, that would make things easier).

I do not have the old seats from the car (they were actually beat up and were the wrong seats for the car), so I don't have the proper control modules or the door switches, all I have are the seats and about 12 inches of the wiring harness (that were clipped and came with the seats).

I'm thinking I'm going to have to look at the wiring schematic and figure out what wires control what. I envision pulling the connectors, getting out my VOM and start hitting seat switches, building a schematic of what pins do what. With that knowledge I should be able to pull the connector apart and re-position the critical wires into the smaller connector to where they are needed. I'm not interested in seat memory or anything like that.

Thoughts, warnings, tips?
1980 300TD names Chloie (now sadly gone)