View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 01:00 PM
dieselfuelinjector.guru

Time: I realized what a PITA it is taking pictures while working. Deciding if this picture captures what is "important" or representative. Stopping and starting. Still, it took about an hour. So, for first timers, I would suspect you should be done in less than two hours.

The first picture is where you will be in the engine bay. Folks call me and ask where are the injectors? Right here, on the driver's side of the engine. As for project difficulty, I would say 1 on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being super miserable and time consuming. And yes, for folks who have never picked up a hand tool, you can easily do this job yourself.

The second picture shows the removal of the braided line. I like to remove and install injectors in an assembly line fashion. You can pull the line off or you can snip it above the steel injector nipple. Make sure you do not snip the nipple. Not sure one could snip the nipple off, but you could mare it or damage it. If you snip at least 1/4" or more away from the injector, you will be fine. Remove all of the braided return line, either by pulling it off or by snipping it off and removing it from the injector later.

The third picture shows the removal of the steel lines. I like the funky socket by Snap On. It's 17mm and sort of resembles an O2 socket. Again, think Henry Ford. I remove the 17mm at the #1 and work my way to the back of the engine. As for the IP nuts on the steel lines, I remove the one closests to the fire wall first, then I slide the nut up to make room for #4, and so forth. Once you crack the nut, you should be able to spin the nut freely by your fingers to remove. Because of my confingeration, I have to remove #5 seperately, however, many cars permit the entire steel lines comes out in one piece.
Attached Thumbnails
The Sleeper Part Deux-3-work-area-clean-up.jpg   The Sleeper Part Deux-4-braided-line-removal.jpg   The Sleeper Part Deux-5-steel-line-removal-2.jpg   The Sleeper Part Deux-6-steel-line-removal.jpg   The Sleeper Part Deux-7-linkage-issues.jpg  

Last edited by greazzer; 09-14-2014 at 01:39 PM.