View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmckechnie View Post
I am not sure this will apply to your 84 SD but my 84 500SEL with alarm system, the trunk is locked and unlocked by an electric actuator controlled by the alarm system, not vacuum. Also, my car doesn't have an emergency release cable. In your first post, you mentioned that you unpluged the alarm system. Just try this, reconnect the alarm system then unlock the car at the passenger side lock with the key. Check the trunk and if it will now open, you can disconnect the alarm system and the trunk will stay unlocked but can still be locked with the key only.
Just a thought. Give it a try.
You are on to something there. I did it and bingo I heard all the locks unlocking. Went back to try the trunk and it would not open. It seems likley that I screwed things up by pulling on the release cord too hard. I tried locking and unlocking again and it no longer responded to the unlocking.
Seems promising. I will keep trying to manipulate combinations of keys in doors starting in locked or unlocked positions when the alarm gets plugged back in.
Edit: redoing the procedure did actuate the unlock function. I can hear the trunk clicking among the others opening. I think if I can manage to get a key in the trunk lock and move it back to horizontal I might be golden.
...aaaaaand not working again. I can hear a brief sucking sound in the back but the locks dont open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatont9999 View Post
Insert key into trunk lock, turn all the way to the left (counter-clockwise) and push the key in. The trunk should open.
Thanks. Up until an hour ago I could get the key in fine and move it to that position. Now I cant get the key in. Maybee the silicone I sprayed in there will dry up in a bit and give me another chance at it.

Last edited by angst; 11-04-2014 at 01:36 PM.