View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 08:39 PM
dieselfuelinjector.guru

I went ahead and decided this really cannot be that difficult ... or it should not be that difficult. Worst case is that I hit the local JY and grab the NA pulley.

I broke out the scale:

Turbo pulley weighs 1.780
NA pulley weighs 1.340

The NA pulley probably weighs a few more grams because I had to saw zaw it since my friend, #6 bolt out of 6 took an hour or so to remove. The other 5 took about 10 minutes.

What is weird is that the JY donor did not have the vibration damper (folks selling them are calling them "vibration absorber".) It's MB Part # 617 030 0803 off the NA engine. So, I cannot compare the weight between the NA one (pictured) and the turbo flavor.

That just leaves the balancing disk, but I am in the same boat in not being able to weigh the two for comparisions.

I think the "real" issue is weather or not it will bolt up. If so, I wonder if a few grams (assuming that is the case) will make any real difference ???????
Attached Thumbnails
Help Please:  W123 Pulley - Harmonic Balancer Question-pulley-1.jpg   Help Please:  W123 Pulley - Harmonic Balancer Question-pulley-3.jpg   Help Please:  W123 Pulley - Harmonic Balancer Question-pulley-4.jpg   Help Please:  W123 Pulley - Harmonic Balancer Question-pulley-5.jpg