View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 07:46 PM

Alright, I got the pin ground out with a Dremel 3000 and a diamond tip. That dremel barely could fit in there. Very hard to see what I was doing with a mirror wand with a flashlight duct taped to it. I wanted to buy the 8400 rechargable dremel but it would have never fit in that space at all. As it was I could not fit the Dremel 3000 with a 1/8 drill bit in there.

Now, I cannot get the steering lock to pull all the way out of the tube. I took the two bolts holding the steering column out and it will only lower about 2 inches before the dash is in the way. I loosened the collar at the firewall and it looks like the steering column tube should be able to slide into the firewall a few inches to give me the clearance I need to get the steering lock assembly out. But the steering column will not slide down. I assume because the steering shaft is in there tight. Now if I take out 1 of the 2 snap rings that are under the steering wheel holding the steering shaft in place, then maybe I could move the steering column towards the firewall? I guess I will have to try it and see.