View Single Post
Old 02-10-2003, 09:35 PM

Hi:
Just feel like clearing the air on my user name, I do this only once in awhile. My user name is "Gillybenztech". My nickname is Gilly, due to my last name of Gillitzer, had this nickname since grade school. So refer to me as Gilly, not Gillybenz or Gillytech, OK?

To reset the radio, ie take it out of the lockup or "dashed lines" mode, they will remove the radio faceplate with a hook tool. There is a connector with several sockets that the reset tool plugs into, the same connector the faceplate plugs in to. There are a couple buttons that are pressed to do the reset operation. Exactly which button is pressed and when depends on the year, so the person resetting it will have to try a couple different ways, unless they luck out and get it right the first time.

BUT, and I haven't heard any confirmation that you understand this, the REASON the radio is going into this mode is because the battery in the car is going dead, SO to avoid having to have the radio reset again in the near future, have the reason for the car battery going dead diagnosed and repaired.

Gilly