View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Not so amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselPaul View Post
A lot of those are maisto and you can buy under $15 online new in the box. He's got a couple rare ones. Its probably his wife saying get rid of this **** and he's saying "look Honey its definitely for sale, just no one is calling"
Nail, head, bang. Honey wants them gone, but he is in a no-win if Honey knows how much he paid versus how much they are really worth on the street.

Some of them are pricey and some may be ultra-pricey from the mother corp. But sadly 1/18 is not the valuable scale in which to collect. I have a Revell w123 in that scale because it's special to me, other than that no others. Over time, 1/43 is the scale that appreciates, besides being one hell of a lot easier to manage. The display cabinet is used furniture, no huge value.

I had a collection of 1/18s that I brought with me when I moved to the house from the apartment, never took them out of their boxes, eventually sold them off on eBay. I had a hell of a time to move them, and this was back before shipping from Canada went sky-high. Some went at 20c on the dollar for whatI paid.

Mac
2002 e320 4matic estate│1985 300d│1980 300td
Previous: 1979 & 1982 & 1983 300sd │ 1982 240d

“Let's take a drive into the middle of nowhere with a packet of Marlboro lights and talk about our lives.” ― Joseph Heller, Catch-22