Thread: 1979 450 SLC
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 10:14 PM

Details, Details, Details

You need to post a really thorough history of the car, more than you have so far. Drag out the paperwork for all the repair and maintenance that has been done and put together a detailed bio. Fill in the history over the past 35 years.

There are a lot of nice people that come on this forum wanting to sell their nice car....which I have no doubt yours is....to forum members with one thought...
these people like and own old Mercedes so they'd probably buy mine.

But, you gotta remember this is an enthusiasts forum and the members know the potential problems with 35 year old cars like yours, because many of them have owned or still own the very same car. What's the euphemism about Missouri being the "Show Me State"? Well this is the "Show Me Forum".

So if it's really worth $15 grand show us why. You've come to the right place. There are buyers on this forum, but they're not suckers for classic old cars.

Thx. Needed to get that off my chest. Been bugging me for along time to see too many sellers with one post come on here and try to sell a car and then take issue when they get no feedback.