View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrun View Post
Why call the cops when a hose will do? Stream from a nozzle will easily reach up to the roof, and I suspect they'd go somewhere else after getting a sudden cold shower. "Sorry, I was watering the plants, must have slipped for a moment there." If it works for dogs that are going at it, it'll work equally well for humans.

When I had two drunken dudebros talking loudly and peeing outside my (2nd story) window at 3 am a few weeks ago, I didn't call the cops -- just filled a garbage bag with ice water and dropped it on them. Result was predictably hilarious.
Let me know how happy you are with this approach after one of the characters you reprimanded in your own way come up and break bones in your face. Or after some loser peeing on the street who has nothing to lose places a few rocks on your window at some speed.

Many people respond poorly upon being told to alter their behavior. I've read of more than one case of someone being shot and killed after asking/insisting that a neighbor turn their stereo down or off. And when you get to be old and weak, very unlikely that you're going to feel as emboldened to deal with such characters on your own. Police have a greater degree of anonymity than you will when dealing with such people. The miscreant will probably not like it but will be way less likely to look to respond in some revenge manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrun View Post
Again, is there any evidence that it was actually 20 seconds or "approximately 20 seconds?" Maybe it was 10. Where was the cop? If you're in the "throes of passion", you might not immediately pay attention.
Yeah, I'm OK if they keep humping for 12 seconds after I tell them to stop, but am ready to have them arrested if they go for 40. And I always have my stopwatch ready in such circumstances. These things are important, GDit.