View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 01:37 PM

Well, I don't do the Facebook thing either, but I understand how it allows users to share info, photos, whatnot, in a convenient manner. And, as Aklim said, across time differences as well. I wouldn't have a Facebook page* just for my dog, to give updates about his doings, but in the case of a rescue, where lots of people are interested I think it makes sense.

When I posted that yesterday, the dog hadn't been to the vet yet, so there wasn't that info to share yet. It wasn't until last night that we got to hear the results. Local media and law enforcement are curious about the story, it will be interested to see if anything comes of that.

Yeah, Aklim, I'm with you, dog first. And as for the person who did this to the dog, all sorts of ideas can come to mind.

MV

*full disclosure: My dog does have a Facebook page. Years ago when Facebook was all the rage and everyone was saying I had to get on it, I tried it out. But I didn't want to use my own name or info, so I created a fictitious persona using my dog's name. I looked around a bit, determined I wasn't missing much, and haven't messed with it since. I don't know if accounts go away after a time of disuse or not, but neither the dog or I remember the login info, and no one has touched it in years.