Thread: Ickey Woods
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Watching SB LII every day

this has to be one of the best examples of not getting it i've ever seen. to think anyone could be good enough at anything (let alone ascending to the pinnacle of that thing i.e. best professional league of said thing) by working 30 minutes a week is beyond ridicule. think about the work that goes into getting prepared for the 30 minutes (practice, working out, film study); not saying they aren't extremely fortunate to ball for a living but to fail to recognize the level of work and commitment is just ignorant of the facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloride View Post
How many people here think that sixteen work days per year is brutal. You also have to keep in mind that of those sixteen work days there is 4x15mins=60 minutes total per week. Of that some where near half is on the other side of the ball, so now down to 30 min/ per week. I feel that the teams that will be successful recruiting in the future will be those that have a record for physical (healthy strength) training, and fewer hours of direct contact training. I would bet that a promising athlete would take 2 mil/yr for that program as opposed to 5 mil/yr for getting their clock cleaned in training camp 10 times per day while training with teammates.
absolutely.....if they did no contact during the week and tried to play guys would be getting seriously hurt all the time. now some teams go overboard but there has to be hard, game-like stuff going on in order to prepare for the speed and intensity of the game. think of a martial artist punching his hand into a bucket of pebbles for hours on end....his hand becomes like the rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloride View Post
Read my post again please. They would and should go over game plans, tendencies, drills. What I was referring to is less full contact practices. Does a running back need to be hit hard and tackled several times during the week to make him a better runner?

James 4:8

"...let us put aside the blindness of mind of those who can conceive of nothing higher than what is known through the senses"
-Saint Gregory Palamas, ---Discourse on the Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ

Centrally located in North East Central Pa.