View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Diesel Preferred

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwogaman View Post
Here is what was the problem with the central locking system beyond the pump being bad itself. The system is on the 30 circuit though fuse C via the X30 power distribution. Other items on the circuit down from the X30 power distribution were getting power, so that meant there was a problem further down the line from there. The central locking system schematic does not adequately show the splitting location, but the power distribution page does. The X48F connection (between the vacuum pump and the X30) turned out to be the problem. The pictures at the floor of the right rear foot area in the cable tray show the splitting crimp corroded on the red/white power wires. I solved the problem by cutting off the corroded part of the wires and recrimping with new connector and finishing off by wrapping with waterproof 88T tape.
Thanks so much for posting this repair. I just performed the same repair on my '87 wagon, which had sketchy central locking for years and finally last year they stopped working entirely. Only the power circuit was affected, strange the the two ground crimps seem to be fine.
'87 124.193 (300TD) "White Whale", ~392k miles, 3.5l IP fitted
'95 124.131 (E300) "Sapphire", 380k miles
'73 Balboa 20 "Sanctification"
Charleston SC