View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach4 View Post
I need to send Josh some pictures of the pan with the drain for the line from the stock catch can. The one I lent him for design and fitting purposes was a Cali pan that doesn't have that drain. Depending on his design it could potentially interfere. I'll do that today.
The design will not interfere. We have it designed and the prototype is in the works.

I'll post a picture tonight. It will be a straight press fit 10AN fitting. This is a known and tested solution, something he designed for 400+ HP turbo gasoline applications, it'll handle far more abuse than any om617 can apply.

The kit WILL NOT include a hose or turbo fitting. The turbo fitting differs, depending on your chosen turbo, and hose length varies based on your setup. There are dozens of afforable hose solutions all over the Internet. You can have a 10AN hose in your chosen length and fitting bends for under $50.

Keep in mind, this solution isn't just for those trying to improve the cumbersome MBZ design, it's also for those installing custom turbos, and maybe even custom manifolds. This is designed to make the oil drain tube very modular and accepting of any configuration of your choice.

Pricing for this fitting should be under $50 in the group buy. After that, it'll be availae and in stock at Yoshifab, but the price will be more than the grOil buy price.

If there is enough interest, I can inquire about having hoses made, and supply them seperatly.

As for hose and clamp folks, there are 10AN to hose barb fittings available, just gotta find em.