View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 02:52 PM

alright, an update. After a couple years of not being in the repair industry, I was suddenly hit with the realization of why I left yesterday. Went out in the beautiful 40* weather and pulled her out of hibernation. A few weeks ago, I had gone to clean the throttle body and was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it needed no cleaning! Although... there was quite a bit (at least an ounce or two) of oil in liquid form in the bottom of the throttle body, vixible past the throttle plate. doh! Everything is telling me this can't be good. Along with that, I discovered some leaking coolant down the side of the block and what appears to be a rear headgasket leak.

Looks like I'm enjoying the m104 through the summer before project chevybenz ensues.

Oh, you're intrigued by chevybenz? I know, I came up with the name all on my own. I'm going to perform sacrilege, and anger some pretty petty people on here. I just so happen to have a smushed up vette. The kind with the 350 and a 700r4 trans. What does this mean you may ask? that m104 and its over engineered everything is coming right on out, and the engine/trans from the 'vette is going right in.

All of my measurements check out. I know I'll have to run reverse exhaust manifolds, make some custom mounts and try and find a front sump oil pan, (or maybe Ill just cut the cross member and weld in some tube). I've seen all the stuff about cutting the firewall and yadda yadda yadda.

my biggest hurdle will be the driveshaft. I've already ordered a coilover systems with stiffer springs (thought I would like to find an upper mount bearing solution that would allow me to run a spring over coil set up.

as of right now, I'm looking for suggestions for the driveshaft. I know theres a couple people that have swapped domestic motors into their older sleds. any input would be appreciated.