View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 02:00 AM
Posting since Jan 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
Agree, the trend in trucks is beyond absurd. Just the other day i dealt with an F250 that quite literally had a larger turning radius than a 30 passenger shuttle bus.

I cant believe these people drive these things around as DDs.
There is no shopping center in the small town that I live near, but there is a strip mall that probably has a few hundred cars on a busy day. I bet that I could walk around it on an average busy day and find fifty four door, full size pickups that are not within the striped area of their parking space and almost all of them will not have the slightest scratch in the bed.

They are used for status symbol passenger cars. Folks have the right to drive anything they want AFAIAC, but this fad has gotten totally ridiculous. If you drive a passenger car you can't even park anywhere that allows you to see if there is traffic coming when you back out of a parking place and it is hard to find a parking place that doesn't have part of someone's huge truck in it.

There are some folks that need these trucks, ranchers, plumbers, construction people, and even those with hobbies such as horses, car racers or RV draggers, but I would venture to say that here, 90% or probably more are completely unnecessary and nothing but a status symbol.

Annoy a Liberal, Read the Constitution