View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 09:12 PM

Scott,

Have you had any success on the stumble problem?

Mine has reared its ugly head again today. Solution is still turn off the car and wait 10-15 minutes, then problem is solved for a period of time which varies.

Mine has occurred often enough that I have begun to notice a trend. Sustained operation above 3000 rpm's tends to trigger the beast but not always. But its rarely, in fact has never been triggered, without sustained operation above 3000 rpms.

If I drive sedately 10 miles to work on my normal non-interstate route (never above 55 mph), the problem never arises.

If I drive home via the interstate 70-80 mph, the problem is more likely to surface, usually only in mild form.

However, this weekend I was a bit more zealous for a longer period of time and the beast returned in spades. In 4 different segments of my travels around town during the afternoon, it would return, I would park, shop, return, problem gone, restart and go someplace else only to have the problem return. Car never dies, it just runs rough.

I have historically tripped various fault codes (active and stored) reset them and all is fine for several weeks... until I forget and play the over 3000 rpm sustained game again.

Does yours do anything like this.

I will be going in for surgery this month and will not be able to drive for a couple of weeks. Before I go in, I hope to get the car down to Donnie and let him have at it. But I have to work out some work/personal logistics to accomplish this. Mine also still has intermittent cold start racka-racka's which I also hope to have Donnie investigate. I have been trying to get the car to Atlanta for some time now, but it's now my primary transportation and work load has not allowed me to part with it that long.

Keep me posted & I'll do the same.

Dwight