View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 11:49 AM

W211 CDI 2005 options

With the rear seats folded down, you can actually sleep in the car (head first and feet in the trunk.) Except for the rear roof pillars and back window it's almost like having a wagon.....

Agree some options can be failure-prone in the long run. The powered closer on the trunk in mine doesn't work from the trunk button but does from the driver's door. I need to track down.....think it is electrical connection running through arm of trunk that becomes separated. The Bi Xenon headlights can be expensive to service and are expensive to replace.

In order of preference: Sunroof (in previous MBs, only my 1976 300D didn't have one...I really like a sunroof in a Mercedes), dynamic seats, Bi-Xenon head lights (safety feature really), Leather, HK Stereo, Fold down seats, parktronic, heated seats (my wife would rank these higher in order), cooled/ventilated seats (no personal experience with these) and trunk power closer.

Caveat on sunroof, if you are really tall, the absence of a sunroof can be a good thing you get additional head room.

Finally, low optioned CDIs.....the options only make up a very small part of what makes these vehicles nice to own and drive. Even a vehicle without many options is still a very nice vehicle to operate!

'95 E300, 216k miles, Silver Surfer
'05 E320 CDI, 138k miles
'07 S550 4matic, 69k miles

Gone but not forgotten:

'76 300D, 350k miles?, SOLD in 1995
'75 240D, 300k miles, SOLD in 1991