View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 08:27 AM
New England Hick

I've got hard wood!

Floors that is!

I had my concerns about the interior doors but I'm pretty pleased with them. While still a manufactured door, they are a solid core. After they were painted, they blended right in. Nothing like the hollow-core ones in the rental house. They have a nice, satisfying thunk when closing compared to what we've become used to over the past 7 months or so. I was all set to start looking for some reclaimed antique doors but I think I'll cross that off my list of things to do.

Getting close. The upstairs is all painted, carpeted, fixtured, and electricaled. Downstairs still has some molding work and painting to do along with the mantle installation. The staircase isn't quite done yet but I suspect they'll get that done today. Sine we eliminated one of the walls next to the stairs (left side in pic with front door open), it's been a little bit of an effort to get the old section and new section to match and to get it to blend in with the new hardwood. Especially on a limited budget. We decided that it is what it is, the railing will just be darker and stairs will be the transition that brings everything together.

The building inspector is coming tomorrow for the C.O. If all goes well the contractor has 4-5 days of cleanup, touch up and finish work to do inside. Still aiming for April 1 move-in, hopefully that's not a joke. It's only 306 days and counting.

They still have to paint the exterior and build the back door landing so it's probably still a couple more weeks until they're completely out of our hair.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)