View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 09:49 PM

Well I got the boost controller installed today and sad to say, the results are not good. Well they are good in that I'm getting great performance and good boost - just no control. I do get boost up to about 15psi where it appears that the over-boost solenoid is kicking in causing the ALDA to cut fuel as it should. It makes no difference whether the adjustment screw is OFF or ON, the results are the same.

So what I surmise is going on is that the pressure relief valve in the Tee is set too high so the pressure never reaches the wastegate or the bleed valve. My plan is to cut the spring a bit to lower the pressure at which it allows pressure through. I'm not quite sure why there is the pressure relief valve there as the Vibrant one is just a needle valve...maybe better control by not bleeding all the time, only above a set point.

I could probably safely run with it the way it is. Using the just completed coast-to-coast trip as a baseline, there were only four climbs that had the potential to over-boost and I was monitoring EGT and boost for all of them as a matter of course any way.

More to come....
  • Manx
  • Baja Bug
  • F350 Powerstroke
  • Auburn Boattail Speedster replica