View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 06:04 PM
Benz addict

I'm assuming that the term daily driver defines a vehicle I could use in regular service without much concern.....

1. 2005 CDI. We bought this car with the intention of it being the primary out of town car. I tend not to use it on a daily basis, want to save the miles for trips.

2. 1995 E320 wagon. My lovely wife's car. This car replaced the 87 300TD she drove for 13 years. Going on our 11th year, this is the first choice driver when Linda does her errands.

3. 1989 Dodge-Cummins Power Ram. This is the dedicated workhorse of the fleet. Pulls the car trailer and the 27' Airstream. Use it on a daily basis? Yah, sure. But why? Spends most of it's time in the shop hibernating, but when I need it, it's ready to go interstate.

4. 1999 BMW Z3. Project car, needed a lot of work when I got it. It's finally in shape for daily use, and has a prime garage spot in the attached garage. I love to drive it to work, and my wife is partial to it for running errands. I can see the use factor on this one rising as we sort it out.

5. 1994 E320 Cabriolet. Nice car I've owned for 5 years. Bought it right, it needed top hydraulics, thought I'd use it as a daily driver, but....... I do use the car a rotational daily driver, but only on days when I can use the top..

There are still two more that *could* be used as daily drivers... A 1968 MGB with 37K miles and all original, that belongs to my wife and a 1955 Ford Fairlane Sunliner convertible that my Uncle bought new, it has 50K original miles... The 560SEL could also be pressed into daily or interstate service, but..... ooh that gas bill. So she sits in the shop unless we have a fancy event to go to..... Then, it's hard to arrive in anything cooler than a nice black W126 long wheelbase ride.

Jim
85 300TD 4 spd man, euro bumpers and lights, 15" Pentas dark blue 274k miles