View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 03:17 PM
WECO Installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam3 View Post
Hello, I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have an '87 190e. I recently took out my mono wiper assembly to grease it etc. I put everything back together and tested it. The wiper travels too far left, right, and too high. I must have screwed up my initial set-up. If anybody has any advice, or knows where I can find a decent manual, I would appreciate it. Cheers, RobZ
I just went thru this on my '93 190E. The plastic gear inside striped and was falling apart, causing the wiper blade to get stuck. My indy had a replacement gear in stock, so was able to take it apart and clean and grease the components.
Putting it back together and getting it in sync was a little bit of a pain. On my first try, it went too far down on the drivers side, second time too far on the passenger side. So now I had a reference point and split the difference. Third time was a charm as they say.

Maybe someone else will post but as I recall, I re-assembled with the shaft in the center upright position. I think there was some kind of reference mark.

Good luck

1993 190E 2.3
2001 SLK230
1971 LS5 (454) Corvette Convertible