Thread: Lemon law
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 03:21 PM

the video you posted sounds like a normal sentra engine, the ticking you hear is the injectors clicking and also the lifters - I own a 2013 altima 2.5 - brand new off the lot car had this sound.

I also have a 134000 mile camry - very similar engine sound, I think it is loud because of the insanely thin castings these manufacturers are using while building engines, They resonate pretty bad.

The loud noise, cylinder misfire and eventual rod failure maybe related to the cat converter ceramic breaking up and being sucked back - which damages the cylinder walls and sometimes leads to complete engine failure, sometimes as soon as 4000 miles. Nissan built the EGR design into the cam variator pulleys which causes a negative pull from the exhaust into the cylinders - the same function an EGR valve does, except this time they saved all costs of EGR valves.

These engines also have had some oddball timing variator failures which causes them to rattle at startup and at mid range rpm. A stalled variator causes misfire codes.

In any case - your car is still under factory powertrain warranty, get them to fix it till its at "control specification" of Nissan itself.

1995 E300D - The original humming machine (consumed by Flood 2017)
2000 E320 - The evolution (consumed by flood 2017)