View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 10:11 PM

I live in a country where traffic is at a snail's pace. Hence, the move to a/t transmission

Also, I have a transmission rattling concern where people told me it's normal and live with it.

Rattling problem:
Transmission rattles at idle (once it is warmed up). When I press on the clutch or when the gear is engaged, there is no rattle

I've already replaced the release bearing and pilot bearing. Also changed the gear oil to 140 but rattling noise is still there

Afterwards, I was able to find and replace with 2 other surplus transmissions. Upon trying 2 of them, still same problem
Transmission rattles when engine is warm, no gear is engaged, engine is idling

Rattling disappears when you depress on the clutch Also when you move the gear lever slightly forward or backward to any gear (without pressing on the clutch)

I found a post that closely describes my problem. UUC Motorwerks * What is gear rattle? Transmission noise? Flywheel rattle?

I was also told it's the splines in the clutch that rattles against the gearbox input shaft.

I have a the complete transmission setup (Pedal box, shifter and linkage) as I have a donor car but its from an m103 gas engine

Now, back to my question. Need advise on 4-6 above

Also #7. Gas a/t don't come with bowden cable?