View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 04:45 PM

1983 300 Dt - 142,9xx Miles For Sale

I am placing my 1983 300 Dt up for sale. I initially listed it on Craigslist in the Atlanta area but wanted to get it out on this forum. I hope the Photobucket link combined with the description give a very solid description of the vehicle. I priced it at $4700 but that is negotiable. I do have a car fax report available. Here goes and if you have questions or trouble with the photos, please let me know Thanks! Gib

Gib Heuett's Library | Photobucket

I purchased the vehicle in 2009 at 98K. I am a DIYer and have taken care of basic maintenance including oil changes, transmission fluid/filter, coolant, valves adjusted; diesel purge, brake pads. In addition, the following repairs have been made:

• Motor mounts replaced (did not change the transmission mount but have that)
• Glow plugs replaced this winter
• Battery replaced (Duralast)
• Tires are brand new - Hankook
• Starter keylock and tumbler replaced
• Rebuilt injector nozzles with Monarch nozzles
• Braided fuel lines replaced
• Hood pad replaced
• I have added a Kenwood radio but will include the original Blaupunkt AM-FM Cassette.
• I have utilized many of the ************** repair kits/manuals/tools and will include those with the purchase.
• AC runs cold - R134a. I re-charge it one can per summer season.
• Rust Free vehicle
• Fully functioning sunroof

The car runs great. It’s lifetime overall MPG with me is over 25 mpg. Here are the issues:

• Loses vacuum after about 5 minutes when car is turned off. Has effect on locks and if you turn off the car with the heat on, it diesels. The heat can be flaky also but I suspect it’s all vacuum related.
• Cruise control is flaky. I soldered the control board and that solved it for a while but the intermittent nature is back.
• Cosmetic dings - the paint is overall in great shape. The back quarter-panel was repaired by the previous owner and up close you can see the clear coat spidered but in general the car looks great. Photos show cosmetic issues.
• There is a slight oil leak around the turbocharger.
• There is an occasional flare when it shifts from 3rd to 4th gear. That is a fairly recent development – may be related to vacuum.
• Back left window switch is flaky and may need cleaning/replacement
• Back left door may need new door check.
• Antenna does not fully extend

Cash Only
Negotiable

So where the hell was Biggles when you needed him last Saturday and where are all the sportsmen who always pulled you through?

Last edited by Gheuett; 07-07-2015 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Incorrect title