View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 08:31 PM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by panZZer View Post
nope, if you want to see a world away from where u are now, rent a jeep, and head up Indian ave, to hwy 62......
in 15 minutes you can be in the bottom of the Mojave desert, YV is the main town up ere, and you can see Joshua Tree national park (you could even drive thru it in a loop back down to the lower desert).
you can go to Landers and perhaps hook up with the aliens~ ( no not the ones from Mexico).
you could head back into ruby canyon lookin for willie boy,
you could head up 2n02 to see some truly off the beaten trail So Cal--that's about as un so cal as there is, you could head up to eureka peak and see both the upper desert and the lower at the same time. you could do a 2 mile round hike and see the 49 palms oasis.
if you aint going to do any out door desert thing, at least head SW to palm Desert and head up the Palms to Pines hwy, that takes you up the mountain that backs up to palm springs, and you will end up in Idlewild, which is got a forest that was at one time the closest thing to a heaven like garden on this earth, til a booger eating chicken *****er named George W let some oregon loggers come down there and start "lollypoping" the most fantastic trees that were once there.. its still a very nice forrest, but the finest ones were cherrypicked in the name of "preventing fires" the idiots plan...
Bush Announces Plan to Cut Down Trees to Prevent Wildfire Damage | Fox News
Sounds marvelous! I don't know how much hiking I will be able to do in the desert! The driving loops sound promising!
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.