View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk8789 View Post
Well I had my wife start and idle the car for about ten minutes with the clutch pedal depressed. No smoke. After she let off the pedal, it started smoking and worsened until we shut it off. The upper hose never pressurized and the temp never went up to the 60 mark. I'm sincerely hoping I have the worlds worst clutch.
The smoke was just the burning slipping clutch. Or the engine would have quit. Or the car moved ahead. I do assume you had it in gear for this test. You are probably better of to go buy another car if you see paid for service in this situation.

So far your list is probably bad clutch, Rear main seal, and maybe the third cylinder issue if not a simple valve adjustment Plus a low oil pressure issue. So much depends on the total accumulated milage. What has been kept up over your years of ownership and the general current condition of everything else.

On the other hand if you are willing to get your hands dirty it could all be done one way or another perhaps for les than 500.00. This might include a good used engine if you know how to find one or a friend does.

Last edited by barry12345; 11-17-2015 at 04:27 PM.