Thread: Lease or buy
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 08:39 AM
Fold on dotted line

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmckechnie View Post
I would like some opinions on leasing or buying. I love my MBs but both are getting old with high mileage. We are retired, in our low 70s and want to travel some while we still can. I have been thinking about a Hyundia Genisis, new or used or lease. I can lease for 6 years for what a 3 year old car cost. I can buy a new one for the cost of a 10 year lease. Leasing every 3 years and we would always have a 'new' car. Buy a 3 year old car and we would never have a new car but would possibly have someone elses problems. Buy a new one and have a 'new' car for a few years and then have an old car.
Lease a car and at the end of the lease I have nothing. Buy new and in 3 years I own a 3 year old car. Buy a 3 year old car and in 3 years I have a 6 year old car.
This could go on for ever. Soooo, what do I do.
Keep in mind, we may only have another 10 years to drive on any kind of long trip.

Thanks

PaulM
There are people at my office who got in a lease then had to do ridiculous things to avoid extra charges. Apparently the Dodge truck lease has such limited mileage before you pay a penalty that the guy bought a beater to use back and forth in the summer-- NO AIR!

This kind of defeats the purpose of leasing a nice car with good A/C, doesn't it?

Check mileage limitations if you plan on driving a lot. Just a suggestion.

1950 170SD
1951 Citroen 11BN
1953 Citroen 11BNF limo
1953 220a project
1959 180D
1960 190D
1960 Borgward Isabella TS 2dr
1983 240D daily driver
1983 380SL
1990 350SDL daily driver alt
3 x Citroen DS21M, down from 5
3 x Citroen 2CV, down from 6