View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 04:34 PM
Proud new owner

Hi Mark, thanks for your response.

Problem around here is space and time (same as everywhere I supposed). I can find the secure lot, but not a space to process BD in as easily. If I had the space for that, I would already have the tank installed! Even if I found a space for just me, I would want to share and then there might be some fueling regulations to run up against. That's my thinking anyway.

I spoke with a BD supplier here the other day and they will deliver for 250 gallons or more. It's the same deal for them as with a home heating oil delivery. At that amount I think they said the price was $1.85/gallon. I haven't checked in a while though.

I was only thinking B20 because it's winter (though it doesn't feel like it!), and it may be easier to convert some folks to join me.

My goal is primarily to reduce my fossil fuel usage. Saving money would be a nice bonus. I don't really go very far around here though and don't use a ton of fuel to begin with.

Also, if it's on a truck, it can move around to find the best location for everyone!