View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 01:21 PM

I appreciate the responses. I work as a job shop machinist, so my nature is to fix stuff when they are broken, and rebuild stuff when it's old. If it was any other car, 220k on a transmission is a lot of miles.

I have no idea what car the parts/trans came out of, other than it was a 240. He couldn't tell me the year and certainly couldn't tell me the condition of the driver seat. He did say he thought it had 220k on it. That is the extent of the info I received.

I find it strange that the auto rebuild kits are plentiful, but a manual one is nowhere to be found. What gives? Didn't think it would be this hard to find. So people just slap em in the vehicle and hope for the best?

I have to remove the back portion of the trans anyways to fix the speedometer mount

I have called around to a ton of yards, even ones out of state. I haven't found one manual trans for sale, except the one I have now. Not sure finding one with significantly less miles is going to happen. Plus I would probably pay a lot more for a new trans than to just rebuild it and make gaskets myself. Not the end of the world.

I did locate the damper bushing I was looking for, $22 bucks from the dealer(good god, its the size of a pencil eraser).

Last edited by Blazemaster; 12-19-2015 at 01:31 PM.