View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Proud new owner

Hi Alastair, thanks for sharing your experiences with a biodiesel co-op. I'd be very interested to find out what taxes if any would have to be paid on Biodiesel distributed through a co-op model. I don't think we'd have much trouble form the EPA in terms of storage. I think you're point about heating oil storage is right on.

I've been poking around at the websites of some bio-diesel co-ops here in the states. The ones I've found seem to have been inactive for quite some time (though I'm only just starting to research). My interpretation is that it is either not cost effective in the end or there are some regulatory hurdles that could be challenging. I'm optimistic though that we can get some good folks together and try something out.

You make a good point about B20. My only reason would be that it (formerly??) gets pretty cold here in New York City and that we wouldn't have much of a chance with B100. That's new info for me about the B75 and Coldflow. I would undoubtedly want to run B100 during the warmer months.

Is there any reason folks with newer cars would be able to run B20 and NOT B100? This would also be a deciding factor.

Thanks again!
Ben.