View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
This post has great advice! The whole wrong size lug bolts issue temporarily sidelined my car when it was being driven by someone else at the time, due to me not knowing that the lug bolts weren't a "one size fits all" kind of deal!

Also, I did not know that the oil cap & fuel filler cap could be interchanged if needed. Very cool!

I noticed you mentioned a fire extinguisher. To me, this is one of the single most important things everybody should keep in their vehicle, regardless if it is gas or diesel fueled. Fire is non discriminatory in that regard, and will consume a vehicle in short order, when a 10 dollar fire extinguisher could've saved an expensive car!
Thank you, I carry an extinguisher in each of my cars. DeliveryValve also makes inline fuse holders for the blower motor, which is known as a possible fire source and auxiliary water pump, which is known to fry the pushbutton unit (climate control only). I have these installed in the car (not in the trunk!) and carry the respective blade fuses for these two also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
Based on previous posts, I'll probably add coolant, PS Fluid, Trans Fluid & Fire Extinguisher.
PS fluid and trans fluid are the same on a w123. Bring potable distilled water - for yourself, the coolant or battery if needed. Minimize redundancies and maximize usage of each item brought.

As mentioned, the best thing to carry in your trunk is a proactive mindset on maintenance of these wonderful machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnate1 View Post
Wheel chocks are very important because you cannot chose where you're going to need to change a flat tire .
I use p/n 203 583 00 75. Back then they were around $6 each. Now around $11.

Last edited by MBeige; 01-02-2016 at 08:38 PM.