View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
Just bought a 2010 Jetta sportwagon, love it, drives great, but the mileage is not what it was originally, I figured "Meh, different tires, heavy foot." My co worker has one and he told me to look at the Carfax report closer. What I found was the dealership reflashed the ECU as soon as they bought it. OK fine, VW corporate says reflash, dealer reflashes. So I look on line for a place that can reflash it to get it back to where it was. So I type in my zip for "The Installer Near YOU !" address and IT'S THE DEALERSHIP THAT CRIPPLE FLASHED IT TO BEGIN WITH! and for the low cost of 500$, you know the 500 they gave you for the good will package.
If I had to guess, I would say that the site that refereed you to the dealer to reflash the car to original is wrong. Given that VW is already in seriously deep water to begin with, having an authorized dealer charging to put the car back into violation of state and federal law would be .... well against the law and I bet the EPA would smack that dealer so hard it would be felt in Germany.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.